Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises envisions a vibrant MSME Sector through UDYAM Registration.MSME Registration is completely online and needs to be done through the government portal only for those:
1. New Entrepreneurs who are unregistered or those with EM-II
The following documents are needed if you are unregistered:
- Aadhaar number shall be required for new entrepreneurs.
- The Aadhaar number shall be of the proprietor in the case of a proprietorship firm, of the managing partner in the case of a partnership firm and of a karta in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF).
- In case of a Company or a Limited Liability Partnership or a Cooperative Society or a Society or a Trust, the organisation or its authorised signatory shall provide its GSTIN and PAN along with its Aadhaar number.
2. Already Registered as UAM or Registered through Assisted filing
The following documents are needed if you are already registered:
- Udyog Aadhaar Number
- OTP on Mobile and E-mail as filed in UAM should be shared
PROCESS OF REGISTRATION
1. An enterprise for the purpose of this process will be known as Udyam and its Registration Process will be known as 'Udyam Registration'
2. A permanent registration number will be given after registration.
3. After completion of the process of registration, a certificate will be issued online.
4. This certificate will have a dynamic QR Code from which the web page on our Portal and details about the enterprise can be accessed.
5. There will be no need for renewal of Registration.
6. The Registration Process is totally free. No Costs or Fees are to be paid to anyone only our minimal service charges will apply .
7. MSME registration process is fully online, paperless and based on self-declaration.
8. No documents or proof are required to be uploaded for registering an MSME.
9. Only Adhaar Number will be enough for registration.
10. PAN & GST linked details on investment and turnover of enterprises will be taken automatically from Government data bases.
11. Our online system will be fully integrated with Income Tax and GSTIN systems.
12. Having PAN and GSTIN (As per applicablity of CGST Act 2017 and as notified by the ministry of MSME vide S.O. 1055(E) dated 05th March 2021)is required for Udyam Registration with effect from 01.04.2021.
13. Those who have EM-II or UAM registration or any other registration issued by any authority under the Ministry of MSME, will have to re-register themselves.
14. No enterprise shall file more than one Udyam Registration. However, any number of activities including manufacturing or service or both may be specified or added in one Registration.
BENEFITS OF MSME REGISTRATION:
The registration through MSME Act can be obtained by both manufacturers and service providers.
The benefits of getting one’s business registered under this because it provides a lot of benefits in terms of taxation, setting up the business, credit facilities, loans etc.