In India, the safety of food is of utmost importance, and the Food Safety and Standards Authority (FSSAI) plays a pivotal role in ensuring it. So, if you want to maintain trust with your customers, stay compliant with food safety regulations, and get your FSSAI license today!
FSSAI's role is to lay down scientific standards for food products, regulate their manufacturing, storage, distribution, sale, and import, and ensure that they are safe for consumption. FSSAI also conducts research and guides food safety-related matters.
FSSAI ensures that the food we consume is safe and of good quality. It helps to prevent foodborne illnesses and promotes public health. It also promotes fair practices in the food industry and protects consumer rights.
India Advocacy works towards advocating for policies and initiatives that promote public health and well-being in India. FSSAI's mission aligns with India Advocacy's goals, as it aims to ensure that the food we consume is safe and of good quality. India Advocacy can work with FSSAI to promote food safety and raise awareness about the importance of food safety among the general public.
Why choose us ?
Helping entrepreneurs turn ideas into businesses over 10,000+ times.
Offering customers compliance and advisory
legal solutions across India.
Hours Legal Advice
Get Clarity on Your Legal Matters Schedule Your call for Legal Advice Now!
Sakshi Soni Mohali, Punjab
I recently used your services for FSSAI registration and I am extremely happy with the experience. Your team was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process, answering all my questions and providing valuable guidance.
Pratik Singh Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
I recently used your services for FSSAI registration and I am thrilled with the outcome. Your team provided me with excellent guidance and support throughout the entire process, ensuring that I was compliant with all the legal requirements and regulations. I am so grateful for the hard work and dedication that your team put in to ensure that I was fully compliant. I would highly recommend India Advocacy to anyone looking for FSSAI registration services. Thank you for your exceptional work and for saving me from anylegal hassles!
Abhinandan Kumar Patna, Bihar
The registration process was completed smoothly and quickly, without any hassle. I appreciated the professionalism of your team and the level of expertise they brought to the table. Overall, I highly recommend India Advocacy for anyone looking for FSSAI registration services. Thank you for your excellent work and support!
Chat with our expert and take the right step
Get the right guidance with a expert by your side.
To apply for FSSAI registration, a food business operator in India must meet certain eligibility criteria, including:
• Business type- Any entity involved in the manufacturing, processing, packaging, distributing, and/or importing of food products is required to obtain FSSAI registration.
• Business size- The eligibility for FSSAI registration depends on the size and turnover of the food business. Small food businesses with an annual turnover of up to Rs.12 lakh can apply for basic FSSAI registration, while larger businesses must obtain state or central FSSAI licenses.
• Infrastructure- The food business must have proper infrastructure and adequate space to carry out food-related activities hygienically.
• Documents- The food business operator must possess certain documents, such as proof of identity, address proof, and business registration documents.
• Compliance- The food business must comply with all the food safety and hygiene regulations set by the FSSAI.
We are here to help you with any questions or concerns related to FSSAI certificates.
When it comes to registering for a Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) license, there are certain documents that you need to provide. Here's a list of the essential documents that you must prepare to ensure a hassle-free registration process:
• Form-B- This is the application form that needs to be filled out for obtaining the FSSAI license. You can find the form online or at the FSSAI office.
• Photo Identity Proof- You need to provide valid photo identity proof like Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, Passport, or Driving License.
• Address Proof- You need to provide valid address proof like an electricity bill, water bill, telephone bill, property tax receipt, or rental agreement.
• Business Proof- You need to provide proof of your business like a registration certificate, partnership deed, memorandum of association, or articles of association.
• Food category list- You will have to mention the types of food products you want to sell, manufacture, or distribute under the FSSAI license.
• Food Safety Management System Plan- You will have to provide a written plan explaining the food safety management system you plan to implement.
• Declaration Form- You need to provide a signed declaration form stating that the information provided by you is true and correct.
In India, the safety of food is of utmost importance, and the Food Safety and Standards Authority (FSSAI) plays a pivotal role in ensuring it. Whether you're involved in food manufacturing, trade, restaurants, food retailing, importing, exporting, or related activities, the FSSAI provides food licenses that are mandatory for businesses to operate. With the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare administering the FSSAI, businesses must comply with regulations to guarantee food safety and quality control. The 14-digit number that businesses receive upon registration must be printed on their food packages to ensure that the products undergo quality checks, reducing the risk of adulteration and substandard products. So, if you want to maintain trust with your customers, stay compliant with food safety regulations, and take your food business to the next level, getting an FSSAI license is the way to go. Don't wait any longer to make your mark in the food industry and get your FSSAI license today!
FSSAI offers three categories of licenses based on the size and nature of food businesses. Basic Registration is for small-scale food businesses with a turnover of up to Rs. 12 lakhs, while State FSSAI License is for medium-sized businesses with a turnover from Rs. 12 lakhs to Rs. 20 crores. Central FSSAI License is mandatory for large-scale businesses with turnover over Rs. 20 crores. All licenses are renewable and have a validity of one to five years. FSSAI also provides a provisional license for new food businesses.
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the certifying authority for food businesses in India. It is a statutory body established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, and is responsible for regulating and supervising food safety in the country. The FSSAI is responsible for laying down food safety standards, regulating the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of food products, conducting food safety inspections, and issuing licenses and registrations to food businesses. It also has the power to enforce penalties and take legal action against non-compliant businesses to ensure food safety for the consumers.
Follow the general instructions listed below while furnishing the digital signature application form:
• The signature of the applicant should be in blue ink only
• The signature of the applicant should be as it is in the Identity Proof
• A photo of the applicant in the application form should be signed by the applicant
• All supporting documents should be attested by either Gazetted Officer / Bank Manager / Post Master
• For proof of attesting officer, either one of the below is mandatory –
• Contact Details of Attesting Officer including the name, designation, office address, and contact number. This should be part of the attestation. If provided separately, it should be attested either by the Applicant or Attesting Officer
• Self-Attested copy of the Organizational Identity card of the Attesting Officer
• Organizational Documents can also be attested by Authorized Signatory. However, if the taxpayer fails to get the Organizational Documents attested by the authorized signatory, an attested copy of the organizational ID card of the authorized signatory is mandatory.
How Digital Signature work
Like handwritten signatures, digital signatures are unique to each signer. The providers of digital signing solutions, such as DocuSign, follow a specific protocol called Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). PKI requires the provider to use a mathematical algorithm to generate two long numbers called keys. One key is public, and one key is private.
When someone electronically signs a document, the signature is created using the signer’s private key, which is always securely kept by the signer. The mathematical algorithm acts as a cypher, creating data matching the signed document, called a hash, and encrypting that data. The resulting encrypted data is the digital signature. The signature is also marked with the time that the document was signed. If the document changes after signing, the digital signature is invalidated.
For instance, suppose that Jane signs a timeshare sale agreement with her private key. The buyer receives the document. A copy of Jane's public key is also sent to the document's purchaser. If the signature is not Jane's or the document has changed since it was signed, the public key will be unable to decrypt it using the cypher that produced the keys. The signature is then invalid. To ensure the integrity of the signature, PKI mandates that keys be generated, carried out, and stored securely. As a result, a reliable Certificate Authority (CA) is typically required. Companies that provide digital signatures, like DocuSign, address the PKI criteria for secure digital signatures.
Advantages of FSSAI Certificate
Obtaining a pollution control certificate offers several benefits to industries in India. Here are some of the key benefits:
• Legal Compliance- It is mandatory for all food businesses in India to obtain an FSSAI certificate, which ensures that the business is legally compliant with food safety regulations.
• Consumer Trust- An FSSAI certificate helps build consumer trust as it ensures that the food products are safe to consume, thereby increasing customer confidence in the brand.
• Business Growth- An FSSAI certificate is necessary to expand the business and to enter new markets, as most retailers and distributors require the certificate before accepting products.
• Competitive Edge- An FSSAI certificate gives a competitive edge to the business as it distinguishes the brand from non-compliant businesses and helps it to stand out in the market.
• Brand Reputation- An FSSAI certificate helps establish a positive brand reputation and builds brand loyalty by assuring customers of the safety and quality of the products.
• Reduced Risk- By complying with food safety regulations and obtaining an FSSAI certificate, the risk of legal action and penalties is reduced, which can help save costs and protect the business from legal issues.
Validity of FSSAI License/Registration
The validity of an FSSAI license or registration varies depending on the type and duration. Basic FSSAI registration is valid for 1 year, while State and Central FSSAI licenses are valid for 1-5 years. Renewal is necessary before expiry to continue legal food business operations. Food business operators must renew their licenses or registration on time to avoid legal consequences or penalties.
FSSAI Penalties for Violations
FSSAI penalties can be imposed on food business operators who violate regulations under the FSSAI Act, 2006. These penalties range from a warning to a monetary fine or imprisonment, depending on the severity of the offence. Civil penalties can include fines from Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 10 lakhs, while criminal penalties can include imprisonment of up to six months and a fine of up to Rs. 5 lakhs. Non-compliance with FSSAI regulations, including selling adulterated or misbranded food, can result in penalties. To avoid legal action and fines, food business operators must comply with FSSAI regulations, and regular inspections and audits are conducted to ensure compliance.
Are you looking for a way to ensure the safety and quality of your food products in India? Look no further than India Advocacy, we are here to assist you with the compliance of Food Safety and Standards Authority (FSSAI).
FSSAI offers a wide range of services to help businesses comply with regulations and improve their food safety standards, including food licensing, safety audits, and training programs. Their services are designed to maintain the highest levels of safety and quality for food products across the country. By partnering with India Advocacy, you can build trust with your customers and take your food business to new heights.
So why wait? Choose India Advocacy services today and ensure your products stand out in the crowded food industry. Don't let food safety and quality be a concern. Comply with FSSAI to ensure the best for your business!
Select your state below for a representative sample document(s). Click on the link to view
and/or download the document. Your final forms, documents and filings may differ depending on
your state. NOTE: You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view
Download the latest version