FSSAI Registration is mandatory for anyone carrying the food business be it food processing, food manufacturing packing, distributing for selling you need to get an FSSAI registration to run your business.
Every food businesses operator engaged in the manufacturing, processing, storage distribution and sale of food products must compulsorily obtain FSSAi Registration or license. FSSAI Registration is different from, the FSSAI License in the sense that depending on the size and nature of the business, FBO should obtain the necessary registration or license.
FSSAI is a 14-digit registration or a license number that is printed on all the food packages. The 14 digit registration number gives details about the assembling state, producer’s permit. This registration procedure is focused to create more accountability on the FBO to maintain the quality of the food products. The licensing and registration procedure and requirements are regulated by Food Safety & Standers (Licensing and Registration of Food Business )Regulations, 2011.
Who Requires FSSAI Registration:
Food Business Operators(FBOs) involved in the following kinds of business are mandatorily required to obtain an FSSAI registration/license:
- Temporary stalls or fixed stall or food premise involved in the preparation distribution, storage, and sale of food products such as gol gappa stall, chat stall, fruits/vegetable ventors, Tea stall, snacks,Bread pakoda stall, samosa stall, Chinese food stall, south indian food stall, sweet stall, juice shop, etc.
- Hawkers those sell packaged or freshly prepared food by traveling (usually on foot or movable carts) from one place to other place.
- Dairy units include milk chilling units, petty milkman and milk vendors.
- Vegetable oil processing units.
- Slaughtering houses such as meat shops, mutton shops,chicken shops, etc.
- Meat processing and fish processing units.
- All food manufacturing(processing units that include re-packing.
- Proprietary food and novel food.
- cold \refrigerated storage facility wholesaler supplier distributor and market of food products.
- Hotels , Restaurants and Bars.
- Canteen and cafeteria including mid day meal canteens.
- Food vending Agencies and centers.
- Dhaba ,PG providing food, Banquet Halls with food catering, arrangement Home Based canteens or religious institutions.
- Important and exporters of food items including food ingredients.
Benefits of FSSAI Registration:-
Even after being the fact that registration of FSSAI is a mandatory one , it has some other benefits
1. It provides trust and credibility among your customers.
2. Presence of FSSAI logo is widely recognised and hence it can ensure goodwill among consumers.
3. One can create better work policies or followed when FSSAI registration is involved.
4. FSSAI provides new knowledge about the industry which will help you to improve your safety standers and aid you in reaching the standard of international organisations.
5. Business related to import and export there, there is need of An FSSAI.
6. FSSAI also insures and is responsible for setting guidelines and procedures for quality assurance of the accredited labs as per ISO17025.
Types of FSSAI:
1. State licence
2. Centre licence
State licence:- Those companies which have a profit greater than ₹12 lakhs requires a state licence.
Central licence:- Those companies which have bigger turnover ₹20 crores preanum central licence.
Basic licence:- It is primary kind of registration issued for businesses that are small in turn over-up to 12 lakhs approximately per annum.
Document required for Registration:-
1. Authorized person’s passport size photograph[self attested]
2. Authorized person’s Aadhar card front and back [self attested].
3. Address proof of the business premises [Rental agreement/previous month’s electricity bill/ NOC from land lord]
4. Declaration signed by the authorized person.
State & Central Licence:-
5. Passport sized photograph of the director/partners/proprietor
6. Identity proof of directors/partners proprietor[ Aadhar and PAN]
7. Address proof of the business premises [rental agreement/previous month’s electricity bill/ NOC from landlord]
8. Photograph of the premises [8-9 photos].
9. Blueprint of premises
10. List of food products on the company letterhead[with seal and signature]
11. List of machines(if any) on the company’s letterhead [with seal & signature].
FSSAI License Renewal Procedure
Online Procedure for FSSAI Food License Renewal:
The renewal procedure of FSSAI licence is handy procedure. For getting the license Renewal online applicant has to follow some steps and then will get the license within 30-60 days.
To apply, applicant need to first build his/her user id and password to register with FSSAI. Once you have an online account with the experts, you can begin the application processing. Upload all the important documents. Upon successful submission of the application, you will be given an application reference number in a position to maintain track of the status of the application for the renewal of a food license.
The user ID generated is only valid for 30 days. Hence, make sure you fulfill all the formalities and documentation within 30 days otherwise the ID will be useless
Steps for renewal of FSSAI license:
Step 1 Filling the Form A /Form B: Form A or Form B is thus required to be filled which is based on the eligibility of the Food Operator. These are the basic forms consisting of the business activities of the Food Operator which are required to be filled along with the self-attested declaration that you are required to comply with the guidelines of the Food Safety and Standard Act. A photo identity proof such as an Aadhar card, driving license, voter id card, passport etc is also required to be attached.
Step 2Verification: On receiving your application, the authorities would then examine it and it could also arrange for an inspection at your business premises in order to make sure that you have disclosed all the information and it is submitted correctly.
Step 3Completion: *After a successful inspection of your business proceedings, if they are satisfied, then they issue a license in your favor.
Step 4Getting the License: The license should then take not more than 60 days to reach you. If more than 60 days have passed and if you have not received the license, then you can resume your business without waiting for any further notice. Food license renewal is very easy to obtain